• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lighting

Good morning everyone

I am in that annoying research and planning stage of my 5x2x2ft planted aquarium. Not brought anything yet

My problems is information on led goes over my head and I am sat here with headache feeling stupid for not understanding

Therefore decided to ask people who have way more knowledge than me what led lights they would recommend, how many and why

I am planning a fully planted tanks, don't want to go down co2 route, unless necessary. I only want easy to medium to grow plants. I don't mind dosing with liquid co2 and fertilizer to allow me to grow the plants I want

I would really appreciate help and recommendation and pictures of your tank that you have setup with these lights

Thanks sorry for being stupid

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If going co2 I’d consider the Twinstar 1200 SA, with controller.You can rest it on the glass bracing. Alternatively good old T5 tubes.

No Co2, lighting less important! Not too bright, whatever looks nice to your eyes.

From a previous topic - note lighting and setup details

Bizarre

I usually check my links after posting, that one goes directly to the long term non-CO2 injected 90S tank in Aquaflora showroom
I just clicked again now, & still get the 90Scape tank, which over time is called the 90cm rather than the 90Scape

This time I’ve not embedded the links (there are a couple others too as I recall)
Likely if you contact Aquaflora office (FB would be my best guess for reaching the right person) they will be able to provide filter details ... like several other Aquaflora tanks, this has glass pipes connected to an external filter (drilled tank bottom)
There’s obviously some surface movement from the Eheim Skim, otherwise flow seems very quiet (I’d be surprised if it’s 10x tank volume/hour)

(You can see details for similar filter setup in some other videos from FO)

If you want any sort of carpet, you need to choose a light that will deliver suitable PAR at the substrate - regardless of additional CO2
Heavy planting from the start is recommended

Back