• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Lights for Planted Aquariums

Aquarium Gardens

Sponsor
UKAPS Team
We have a new range of LED lights available on our website designed for planted aquariums.

Made by Beamswork, these lights have a 6500K output for optimal viewing of your aquariums plants. The V2 Hi-Lumen 0.5 Watt LED model is designed to replace the twin fluorescent T5 tube.
It comes in various sizes with extendible brackets so you can adjust to your aquarium size.

You can find them here: LED Aquarium Lighting

There are other versions of the Beamswork lights around (10,000K, Marine etc.) However, the lights we sell are all the 6500K setting best suited to planted aquariums.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: tim
Hi 13r0wn7,

We should be able to get hold of these. I will update this thread as soon as they become available.

We are also looking into getting the hanging kits for the LED's which allow for easy & adjustable lighting suspension.

Last edited:
You want to get the timer controller compatible versions!

We are also looking into getting the hanging kits for the LED's which allow for easy & adjustable lighting suspension.
any more news or information on these two points?
Also what is the night mode please?
Thanks,
Ady.

Hi Ady,

Waiting to hear back from suppliers as to whether I can get hold of them. Will update if I can. I think the light suspension kit would be a great addition in particular as you can increase or decrease the intensity of the lighting by raising/lowering the light.

Cheers
Dave

yeah, suspension kit would be a great benefit. Do you know if the lights have fixing points to retrofit suspension kits?
Also what is the timer controllable version please? Does it have a seperate controller or inbuilt or is it just that the current model cant be used with a seperate timer switch?
Is the night mode just a reduction in the number of led's in use or is it a blue light?
Sorry for all the questions, i just came across this thread and have been considering a slightly less expensive led unit such as this as i like the shimmer of led and the low running cost, but dont necessarily need all the functions of many of the more expensive lights.
Cheers again for any info,
Ady.

Your welcome, ask away!

I believe these lights need the LED hanging kit as they have different fixings. But I will find out for sure, I'm hoping I can source these but I don't know if there available at the moment.

The timer is a add on separate controller that allows you to set on/off times, again I need to source these if possible. (alternatively you could just plug the unit into an electric timer at your plug socket and set the on/off times).

The night mode is basically the light at 25% power (3/4 of the LED's turn off). They are NOT blue LED's. All LED's are 6500K. There's a switch on the side to switch to night mode. Probably best just leaving it on normal mode for planted tanks!

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave, will wait to hear more on the suspension kits.

Just had an update from suppliers, they should be available for the next delivery. I will keep you updated when they arrive, I'm hoping 1-2 weeks.

That's for both the LED hanging kit and LED digital timer attachment.

Cheers
Dave

Ok cool :) would you be getting the higher watt versions to? I currently have the 1w (54) led version and it works very well for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a quick check but unfortunately our suppliers are only showing the 1 Watt version at 10,000K if that's of interest? I can find out if I can get the 6500K and let you know.

Yes they are a nightmare to get hold of! I had to get mine all the way from America! Well it's only for the future when mine brakes would be a lot easier to get from a uk based shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dave,
do you have a price for the hanging kit yet?
Thanks,
Ady.

Hi Ady,

Not yet, still waiting on confirmation of stock. I shouldn't think they will be too expensive. Will let you know as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Dave

Back