• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led replacement?

Frankie

Seedling
Hi, this is my first post on the site,
I'm looking to replace my T8 bulbs with leds, to save on power consumption. I have. Boyu 250 tank I got off eBay and was wondering if anyone on here has done it.

Thanks, the site is amazing!

Cheers Harry,

Do you know if anyone has made their own DIY led, to save on cost, 2 X £100 is far too much for lights.

Cheers for the quick reply

If you look on the lighting section there are a number of threads on there where people are doing their own LED's I can't personally recommend as I never tried it.

I think 2 Wavepoint would be far too much light and feel sure with the reflector in place one would be enough. If you contact AE they will confirm and you will find them very helpful and no pressure.

On my own set up I have a tile light that came with the tank then I added 2 strip LED's which cost only £30 each. You can always start with one light and add more if need be. I really do think so many have far too much light and spend a lot of time trying to control algae.

Good luck, I'm sure others will come along with good advice for you.:thumbup:

Harry.

Back