• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lee's new start.... 180L Island scape

Nice hard scape Lee! the bogwood arrangement is very nice Although IMO the 3rd peice from the right looks a little heavy ( may look better when the plants grow). I agree with dan about the balansae? vallis? on the right. The 'Island' effect works well and you should try and maintain it. I think the 'Island' would look good with a white sand border - kind of like a carribean atol or maldive island. ( but then i have a thing about white sand at the mo :lol: )

Nice work!

Thanks for the comments guys.

The Valis Nana and C. balensae are only there for the moment. I'll want to shift them to behind the wood once the twisted crypts straighten up. If theres no room then i'll have to get rid of them or thin out the crypt wendtii behind the wood.

Planter, which bit are you referring to as the 3rd piece? Theres only 2 bits of wood in there :D. One piece had ready grown anubias on and the other was planted from new plants so that might be why it looks a bit unballanced?

The blyxia I was given by James has had a odd change happen. The tips are going brown. Not a colour of dying but almost like the colour your red stems go when under good light. I'm sure james had more lighting than me so it cant be that.

Any ideas??

Pics below:

deficiency+003.jpg

deficiency+002.jpg

deficiency+001.jpg

I notice as well that the leafs tips have been nipped off. Do you think these have been eaten or is it again part of the deficiency?

Well, I thought I'd better post an update on this as its been some time and the tank is very very different now.

I decided i was trying to run before I could walk and given my absolute failiure before in growing plants, it turns out I was far away from being able to get healthy growth. Althought the 'scape' was a lot better initially, i wasnt getting growth results so I added quicker growing plants to try and get them growing healthy and now i'm norely at a point where i'm happy with lush growth.

Heres how it looked before:
main.php

And here is how it looks now:

main.php

Back