• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Let the impeller in the filter when using external pump ?

eminor

Hello I have an eden 521 filter which has a flow rate of 800 l/h. I put a pump on the filter outlet , it is a 1500l/h (3.9meters head pressure) watercooling pump, the current is much stronger with this one but it remains too weak to reach all the plants. I left the impeller inside the filter in order to help the priming, does its presence reduce the flow? thx

Hello I have an eden 521 filter which has a flow rate of 800 l/h. I put a pump on the filter outlet , it is a 1500l/h (3.9meters head pressure) watercooling pump, the current is much stronger with this one but it remains too weak to reach all the plants. I left the impeller inside the filter in order to help the priming, does its presence reduce the flow? thx

Yes, quite likely. I recently did the same thing with my external filter, and I removed both the impellor and the cap that keep the impellor in place, to allow as much flow through as possible.

Yes, quite likely. I recently did the same thing with my external filter, and I removed both the impellor and the cap that keep the impellor in place, to allow as much flow through as possible.
and you seen much more flow ?

and you seen much more flow ?

To be honest I never tried the external pump with the impellor in place - as soon as I looked at the inside of the filter head I figured it'd have to be removed, as essentially the only way the impellor works if by forcing the water through, so it has to fill the entire path through the filter head to do so. I can imagine the flow would have been restricted significantly if I'd left it in place.

Back