• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LFKC trip to The Green Machine

SteveUK said:
Currently watching 6 assassin snails in my 15cm acrylic cube hunting a few little pest snails I just chucked in. One has been despatched already! Impressive stuff! Trying to find more pest snails now :lol: Better than TV I tell you!

It`s not exactly a Cheetah chasing a Thomson`s Gazelle, but whatever keeps you happy. :lol:

See y`all later.

Dave.

Well I was in the TGM locale today for business, so I popped into the shop and spent most of the afternoon there :) Took lots of pics of the tanks and their inhabitants, and of the frogs (super cool :) ) and reptiles too. The displays are looking as good as ever, and Andy Macks Altums tank should be looking great for the morning, as he was in all afternoon with Elaine doing maintenance on it :thumbup:

I'm staying nearby by tonight, but most unfortunately I have to be back down to Surrey for 11 am tomorrow so itll be an early start in the car, rather than the planed leisurely morning, and meet with all you guys in the afternoon - a real shame as it would've been great to see you again, and to meet new folks too. Have a great time !

By the way I left an Easter HobNob for you to share with your tea :lol:

Tony

i wish i was coming along :(
i saw the post a while ago and thought i would need abit more knowledge before doing something like this but reading the thread sounds like its going to be a really good day. and i just got a tax rebate im sure tgm would love to releif me of :lol:

£99.00 now whooops. cant justify that for a train ticket...

damn :thumbdown:

Well it went well! Great to meet everybody! I hope you all have a good journey home, and get your picture posted up asap!

Thanks to Jim, Mark and Graeme for all the coffee!

Andyh

Got back about 20 mins ago after a fantastic train journey with the London guys. We almost missed our train home, with only a few minutes to spare! Time flew past as we were having a good laugh, flicking through Luis' new AquaJournals and talking about scape plans etc etc.

It was great to meet loads of UKAPS folk as usual. Thanks to Luis for sparking off this meetup, and Paulo for finding the cheap tickets! Great job guys :)

The TGM tanks are looking stunning as always. The 10ft fallen tree scape has a feckin amazing HC carpet going on! Andy Mack's Altum 7ft tank was simply stunning! Some major pieces of wood going on in that tank! Graeme's Bones of the Earth scape blew me away though! Last time I saw it, it was still quite new. It's matured amazingly! Truely a spectacle :)

Will post some pics when I get a chance, including the monster Hydrocotyle Sibthorpioides I bought!

Nice one Steve, glad you got home ok. And thanks for the compliments about Bones of the Earth......oh Bec says thanks for leaving the mini eggs, they didnt last long :sick:

It was great to meet some new faces and make new friendships. Again, another proud moment to have you guys as members and integral parts of UKaps, it wouldn't be the same with out you all.
Also, a great place to all gather up if your plant geeks like us.

Hope you all got home ok.

Cheers.

had a great afternoon meeting everyone at TGM, hope i got around to speaking to everyone, apologise if i didn't. I picked up some nice cal aqua inlet glassware today so im just fitting that now :) got a few pics whilst there.

Altums.
4487693258_b0bdf98457_o.jpg

John Starkey and Altums
4487760696_cbe418887a_o.jpg

Dave "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Spencer and Stu G pondering the meaning of life.
4487826334_146e37fa1b_o.jpg

mlgt said:
Looking forward to the rest of the pics :)

Pics are great, but nothing beats walking into a shop like TGM. Where else would the owner asks you what you want to drink, tea or coffee? The hospitality is well worth the visit, if not to see the amazing tanks they got...

I always heard about the Altum's, they are amazing this, amazing that, etc.. but until you see one, it is hard to explain their beauty.

They are so majestic, and the tank that houses them so well scapped, just priceless.

I won't even mention the hardware, rocks, and wood on sale. I went to just see the tanks, buy a plant or two and experience the TGM shop, and came back with 5 books, almost 6kg of rock and one weird looking piece of wood, that it may well the be only one in the UK.. :)

Done a couple of videos will post them on youtube after permission from TGM, otherwise will show you when next we meet.

We stayed until the last minute, had to almost run to catch the train, but it is a trip that one has to do again, maybe summer time.

You missed out mate.. :)

big thanks to TGM for the great hospitality.good to meet those who i met,sorry to those i didn't.

nice one luis for getting the ball rolling.

nelson said:
big thanks to TGM for the great hospitality.good to meet those who i met,sorry to those i didn't.

nice one luis for getting the ball rolling.

Thanks Neil,

Was showing the missus the tanks, and when the Altum's tank appeared she said "you want that one, right?" .. :D .. Not with the Altum's, wouldn't be able to keep them in that well condition, but yes, I want that one.. :D...

Some of my pics from today. Didn't take as many as I thought I would due to having too much fun chatting with folks :)

10ft scape:
CRW_8973.jpg

CRW_8988.jpg

CRW_8989.jpg

Spot the Panda :lol: :
CRW_8991.jpg

Andy Mack's altum scape:
CRW_8975.jpg

CRW_8976.jpg

CRW_8983.jpg

CRW_8993.jpg

Graeme's Bones of the Earth:
CRW_8992.jpg

CRW_8995.jpg

CRW_8997.jpg

Another of Graeme's:

CRW_8998.jpg

Electric Blue Rams - For Lisa :)

CRW_9014.jpg

Sorry for the bombardment, but that's all :)

wow, the pics are fantastic. I need to plan a trip to that part of the world!

Never seen so much HC in my life, and my those altums are unreal. It sounds like a fantastic day for you all.

I didnt miss much then :(

I will definatly be popping there sometime in the year when I have to drop my lil brother to Stoke Uni.

Excellent pics, Reminds me of Hong Kong but all the good tanks packed into 1 store!

Was a good day out :thumbup:

The memorable bits for me were...

...8 hours of train journey being fun.
...The Altums.
...When asking for a glass of water, Mark (of TGM fame) offering me a choice of tap or RO. Love it! 8)
...After a couple of months of looking for them, finding and buying some Chocolate Gouramies (8 hours drip acclimatisation and they are showing full colours straight away :thumbup: ). Sorry Andy :oops:
...The Altums again. They really were spectacular.

Back