• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lfs whilst in java

steve Short

I have just been to Indonesia work related and had an afternoon to kill so decided to check a fish.shop out. needles to say a bit rustic lovely people though and absolutely ridiculously well priced. managed to bring some mini Taiwan moss back .

Attachments

• 20200126_082545.jpg
    20200126_082545.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
  • 20200126_082524.jpg
    20200126_082524.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 124
  • 20200126_082555.jpg
    20200126_082555.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
Nice!

I love going to aquatic stores when I'm in other countries. When we were in Thailand a couple of years ago I went in a shop in Chiang Mai. I was all excited, waiting to see all the weird and wonderful fish they had. Got in there and it sold exactly the same as over here! I was surprised and a bit gutted but then thought about it and realised we import from those parts of the world so unless they were holding all the good stuff back for themselves what else was I expecting :lol:

it was pretty basic to be honest i pulled up in a taxi and it was a part of the guys house, they looked totally bemused that some random foreigner had just rocked up lol well worth the effort though just to see the difference although i did have to pose with his family for photos

I always check out the shops when I’m away- really interesting to see what’s on offer. always tempted to bring a few plants back in my suitcase but decided against it thus far.

Was in Vietnam last month, the prices and sizes of the Bucephalandra on offer were quite something.

Back