• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lifespan of ADA Amazonia

FishWorks

Hey All,

I've read that ADA Amazonia will deplete of Nitrogen after 1 year, but all the other nutrients are still in the aquasoil.
Is this true?

Thanks

Seems to be the case. But it's easily remedied with root tabs or slow release fertz like Osmocote. Water column dosing fertz will also solve the problem of N deficiency.

I use Pro, it has both macros and traces. I think there is a product within the range that releases over a period of 12 - 18 months which is the preferable choice. It will undoubtedly dissolve quicker in a tropical aquarium due to heat and immersion.

I use Pro, it has both macros and traces. I think there is a product within the range that releases over a period of 12 - 18 months which is the preferable choice. It will undoubtedly dissolve quicker in a tropical aquarium due to heat and immersion.
Ouch £145 25kg and it would be wasted as I wouldn’t be able to use it whole in my life.. can’t see any smaller bags..

Yes that looks like it 👍
You don't need very much at all. Just a very small handful scattered in the bottom of the tank before adding the substrate. So no need to buy in bulk ;)

Assuming it's the same product you can buy on ebay in amounts of 50g and up.
Gosh I keep forgetting that there’s such a thing like ebay. Thanks 🙏

Back