• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lifx Z led strip

Niton

Hi,
Did a quick search for any comments about Lifx Z strips being used as lighting. I saw some comments about the normal smart bulbs but nothing about the newer led strips.

I've picked up a 2m starter set and I had initially planned just to use the strip as background lighting on the sideboard my tanks will be situated on.

Looking at the specs and experiencing the brightness first hand I started to think that I could use the strip lights as main tank lights and retire my Twinstar 600 and 300. The lights can be programmed for a day/night cycle which would be a plus over my existing timed lighting.

Here is a link to the specs. https://uk.lifx.com/products/lifx-z

They claim "LIFX Z is expandable, and has a maximum output of 2800 lumens, with a maximum of 10 strip sections connected. Each strip section has a maximum output of 700 lumens."

Has anyone had any experience with these lights or similar?

Just an update. Mounted 2 metres of strip to the front and rear of the shelf over my soon to be aquarium stand.

Lights are set to perform a day night cycle and I'll supplement photo period with the Twinstar leds I have on the tanks as well. Hopefully it will work out.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_130310.jpg
    IMG_20200222_130310.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200222_130146.jpg
    IMG_20200222_130146.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 109
Back