• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

light screens

maybe I have spent too long under water, but every time I see one used I think its been installed the wrong way up
not used to seeing the substrate brighter than the sky, though after years of having a black backed tank maybe im just not used to change, have a hue on the floor behind the sofa for halloween and the light spill on the tank created the look and just reminded me id not painted the back of the tank

maybe I have spent too long under water, but every time I see one used I think its been installed the wrong way up
not used to seeing the substrate brighter than the sky, though after years of having a black backed tank maybe im just not used to change, have a hue on the floor behind the sofa for halloween and the light spill on the tank created the look and just reminded me id not painted the back of the tank
I know what you mean.
The colour is from a gradation foil and the light screen themselves are just white. You can add the gradation foils either way up, however what you tend to find is that if you position it as you suggest you loose the blue due to the greater height of substrate at the rear of the tank and it just looks like a white background. On taller tanks it may be less of an issue, or with a style with a level substrate line which would allow you to cut the foil and position with the blue starting at the substrate line. I tried both ways but prefer the look with the brighter white towards the substrate and the blue at the top, it just has a nicer appeal.
cheerio,
Ady.

Back