• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting a 45cm cube

afroturf

Hi all,

I've been out of the planted tanks scene for a number of years now having concentrated on marine tank, however I have decided to get a new freshwater tank, I currently have a 45cm cube being built, I am struggling to decide on the best lighting option for the tank. Plant wise it will be relatively low light plants moss, crypts, ferns etc.

Ideally I would like a programmable light I just prefer it than having the light either on at 100% or off. Love the ADA aquasky but that has no controller, so thought on the Chihiros lighting either, S - series or the RGB both which have the option of controllability however having read a few reviews on them blowing up I am not so sure, another alternative would be a Radion XR15 but that may be a bit overkill for the tank.

Any thought or options I may have missed would be much appreciated.

Twinstar 300ea is what I went for with the dimmer switch, from aquarium gardens.

I would have gone for the 450 version but I only had 420mm of space due to the tank lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best pic i have of mine sorry
20181025_234816.jpg

Thanks for the replys guys, Twinstar 450 does look good however the dimmer swich is not really what I'm hopeing for wanted something programmable giving a kind on sunrise/sunset, hence the inclusion of the Radion into the consideration.

Would a single Twinstar cover 45cm front to back well?

Dont need the adaptor for the 450 and that's the timer I have 8 point setting so I have half hour sunrise 5 hours at mo on 70% then half hour sunset

That looks very interesting any idea if one of these controllers would work on a ADA aquasky?

Back