• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting Advice for a Roma 200

iamshalloo

Seedling
Hi all,
I'm looking to finally invest on some good lighting and co2 for my Roma 200.
I've currently been using two nicrew lights but found that keeping them under the hood the moisture had got in and written them off.
My lighting knowledge is very basic and I want to be able to cope with plants in the tropics medium lighting category.
Currently tank has things like amazon swords, crypts, Anubis, helanthium tenellum, vall etc and just want to be able to get something that will reach the depth and keep them healthy.

Id be looking for something that would be able to go under the hood ideally as im paranoid about jumpers

I'd debated two fluval 3.0 or maybe two twinstar 900ea if they'd fit, but just don't want to be replacing it in 6 months

Thanks

Hi all,
I'm looking to finally invest on some good lighting and co2 for my Roma 200.
I've currently been using two nicrew lights but found that keeping them under the hood the moisture had got in and written them off.
My lighting knowledge is very basic and I want to be able to cope with plants in the tropics medium lighting category.
Currently tank has things like amazon swords, crypts, Anubis, helanthium tenellum, vall etc and just want to be able to get something that will reach the depth and keep them healthy.

Id be looking for something that would be able to go under the hood ideally as im paranoid about jumpers

I'd debated two fluval 3.0 or maybe two twinstar 900ea if they'd fit, but just don't want to be replacing it in 6 months

Thanks
IP67 waterproof rating for the Fluvals...

You don't need two lights, one will do fine.

The TwinStar is the better light, but may be difficult to fit under the lid as it comes with a raised stand. I also suspect the Twinstar will struggle with the humidity under your hood.

The Fluval Plant 3.0 is probably the way to go. It's essentially waterproof up to 1 meter. You will still need to find a way to secure it, as it's designed to sit on the rim of the tank.

Personally I'd remove the hood and use a Chihiros Vivid II.

Morning,

From what I understand about the Fluval Plant 3.0 is you get a couple of brackets with them so you can attach them inside a hood if the hood is thick enough to take the screws.

Not sure if I can post a link to a youtube video, ( Admins please remove it if not done correctly ) by Fluval, but there are several out there about these lights.

Thank you everyone.
Went with the fluval 3.0 in the end.
I greatly appreciate the help

Few months in, the 3.0 I adore. Coupled with co2 it's just helped so much with plant growth

Attachments

• IMG_20201119_183717.jpg
    IMG_20201119_183717.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20201119_183517.jpg
    IMG_20201119_183517.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 219
Back