• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting, Easycarbo, diy pressured systems, kitsystems

Jon1706

Hi guys it me again lol. I'm adding another T8 tube to my Juwel hood. I belive this will take me to 2wpg. The thing is I've been reading bits on the net about co2 and lighting, thing is once I've done my upgrade do I need to up my co2 from easy carb to a pressured system, if so which is the best way to do this with pressured kits or a diy system (which worrys me a lot as I'm worried I will blow myself up and my street lol) any help on this would be great.

You might not need to move to a pressurised system, you could increase the EasyCarbo dosing. Although, some inverts and plants don't like EasyCarbo (liquid carbon source) so it might be better for you to move to pressurised co2. In addition, pure co2 provides better plant growth than EasyCarbo as plants don't need to convert the liquid into carbon before using it in photosynthesis.

Don't worry too much about pressurised kits, I was for a bit but just realise that you'll need to be a bit careful to not bang them around. It's just like a Fire Extinguisher (some use them for reduced costs) and they're everywhere!

If you're moving to pure co2, pressurised kits are much better as you can control the co2 injection much more as diy kits can have fluctuating gas output.

Thank you. Did I get my lighting right? Ive seen the Ada pressured system is this any good or is it better to use a fire extinguisher?

Thank you superman. I've just seen that new thread on low cost pressured co2 system. I think I will give this a go. Yay co2 sorted I think :?

Back