• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for 35L Scapers tank?

MrHidley

Hi all,

Just purchased a Scapers tank for my office at work, but need to get a light for it. I'd rather and LED, because of the size and minimalist design of most units. Does anyone have any recommendations? The main two I've looked at so far is the Dennerle Power LED 5.0 and the Aquael Leddy 6w. I'm not looking to grow anything massively demanding, tank will probably be a fairly classic iwagumi with a hairgrass carpet. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

What's a scapers tank ?

It's a tank where the front a sides are one piece of acrylic with curved corners instead of joins.
dennerle-scaper-s-tank-35l-led-complete-set.jpg

I'am using the Aquael leddy 6w "Plant" in a 35 litre low tech which is working well :)

I am planning on injecting Co2 into this tank, what kind of plants are you growing in your low tech?

At present i have Leganandra meeboldii ,Hygrophilia difformis , Staurogyne repens , Crypto' lutea "hobbit", crypto' bullosa , A small Nymphia Stellata, and Heteranthera zosterifolia, Cardamine lyrata

Last edited:
I've ordered a Power LED 5.0 from Dennerle. Two reasons, I prefer the aesthetics over the Leddy, and the adjustable height is a big deal. I have no idea what sort of PAR it will deliver, but i'll check it with my meter and report back. Money being no issue I would have ordered a Flex Mini, but seeing as work is paying for this, I didn't want to take the piss.

I've ordered a Power LED 5.0 from Dennerle. Two reasons, I prefer the aesthetics over the Leddy, and the adjustable height is a big deal. I have no idea what sort of PAR it will deliver, but i'll check it with my meter and report back. Money being no issue I would have ordered a Flex Mini, but seeing as work is paying for this, I didn't want to take the piss.

I'm enjoying lower power lights over higher ones, in tank set ups such as this; means you can keep the light on longer, less risk of an algae farm

I haven't set up the tank yet, still waiting on some bits and bobs, however I've played around with the light a bit, and I'm very impressed. Here are a couple of pictures from my 60P, top picture is my Satellite Plus Pro which I imported from the states, running at 80%, second picture is the Dennerle Power LED 5.0.

27584534633_5844b67b8f_z.jpgCurrent Satellite Plus Pro Light

27919363260_23a1704720_z.jpgDennerle Power LED 5.0

As you can see the light is pretty powerful, Par at the top of the tank just below the waters surface is just around 150 and at the bottom of the tank (30cm deep) is around 40 this is compared to about 70par from my Plus Pro. Colour rendition is pretty nice too. I'm looking forward to setting this tank up in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Back