• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for eheim vivaline 180

Bluecoat

Seedling
Hi
I'm looking to replace the lighting that will be coming with my eheim vivaline 180.

The tank is 100cm long with a height of45cm and I'll need to fit the lights under the hood. I also don't want to break the bank, so under £200, but the cheaper the better.

I will be running CO2 and the tank will be quite heavily stocked with fish and plants.

The superfish slim 93 (57w) caught my eye, but all suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Just wondering if you were able to find any replacement lighting as I too am looking for options?
On my 5ft planted hood tank, I started out with 4 x 120cm T5 fluorescent tubes. Then switched to 4 x 120cm LED Aquarium System tubes. They are not the cheapest and run hot, and I'm not sure because of poor diary keeping that I am getting 2 years of use out of them. Recently added a 130cm Nicrew HO LED for mood lighting and slow dimming on and off.

Hi
I'm looking to replace the lighting that will be coming with my eheim vivaline 180.

The tank is 100cm long with a height of45cm and I'll need to fit the lights under the hood. I also don't want to break the bank, so under £200, but the cheaper the better.

I will be running CO2 and the tank will be quite heavily stocked with fish and plants.

The superfish slim 93 (57w) caught my eye, but all suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks
I’m using superfish slim but shorter 74 version. Plants love it judging by the pearling and growth speed but it’s getting warm and affects water temperature when using under hood. My baseline temperature is 24 but at the end of photo period I’m getting 24.6 - 26 depending on room temperature. Still love the light and would buy again.

I did mistake and bought it together with the superfish controller which doesn’t have dimming functionality. Later I replaced it with NICREW dimmable controller now I happy with my lighting.

Hopefully the lights will last long. Mine are 7 months so far

Back