• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for my nano

AdAndrews

Hi guys, I am wanting rid of the horrible little 11w arc pods i have and am after some type of luminaire, preferably cheap, has anyone got any ideas...

the tank measures 40cmx28cmx32cm(high) i have found a 35.5cm boyu luminaire on ebay for £25 im not sure if it will fit though, i would prefer to have a one that sits on the glass rather than a hanging luminaire. I would be looking for about the same wattage i have now 22w+

the boyu one is 3x8w so 24w, perfect, only will it fit?

or is there any other options out there, give me a shout if you have any idea..
thanks
Adam

AdAndrews said:
Hi guys, I am wanting rid of the horrible little 11w arc pods i have and am after some type of luminaire, preferably cheap, has anyone got any ideas...

the tank measures 40cmx28cmx32cm(high) i have found a 35.5cm boyu luminaire on ebay for £25 im not sure if it will fit though, i would prefer to have a one that sits on the glass rather than a hanging luminaire. I would be looking for about the same wattage i have now 22w+

thanks
Adam

Ordered a boyo one for mine it fits tanks from 35.6cm to 45.7cm with a maximum glass thickness of 12mm, you can also request 3 white t5 bulbs instead of 2 white and one blue, it takes awhile for it to be delivered mines 3 weeks this week and im still waiting

jonesy said:
AdAndrews said:

thanks
Adam

Ordered a boyo one for mine it fits tanks from 35.6cm to 45.7cm with a maximum glass thickness of 12mm, you can also request 3 white t5 bulbs instead of 2 white and one blue, it takes awhile for it to be delivered mines 3 weeks this week and im still waiting

the boyu one off ebay, 3x8w bulbs? thats great news if so, ive just asked Sam to measure how far it will go when stretched,
thanks.
Adam

Hi all,
I bought one of these about 18 months ago, and I've been very impressed with it.
My only slight concern is the clear plastic sliding legs for the tank support are a little bit flimsy, and mine are now showing a lot of "crazing" on the bent section.
cheers Darrel

I ordered the same boyu light some months ago but I think to enhance the light I might try hagen's 8w equivalent with 2 x powerglo and the middle with an aquaglo when I come to replace the bulbs. Will post here how I get on.

It's such a shame that these units do not come with say 2 x power compact T5's 11w or 18w tubes because lo behold, that would be a feat for the nano tank enthusiasts like myself. The other thing which is quite annoying is that (my assumption here now) if the technology is straight forward why don't people like Arcadia or Hagen offer this kind of lighting locally to us?? If these nano luminaires hit the UK market, it would probably sell like hot cakes & start a whole nano planted tank revolution

Take note Arcadia/ Hagen/ Interpet... the chinese/ asian manufacturers offer more versatility when it comes to aquatic lighting, why don't you?

(A bit of a rant but someone out there will listen, I hope)

There is another unit that comes with 2x18W PL tubes.
I've bought one for my 30 l nano and I am pretty happy with it.
The only problem to some might be that color choice of lamps is limited. It came with 6500K lamps.

Back