• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for new project??

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi guys,

Looks like my new project might get the go ahead sooner than expected :)

Just wondering what kind of lighting levels would be recommeneded?

Here is the tank:

measurements2kt1.jpg

Also is 10mm glass enough?

I'd actually consider LED lighting. No idea on lighting levels as the wpg guide is screwed with LED.

I'm testing the new TMC Aquaray for planted tanks soon. Its modular design may suit your needs. Also it's hard to ignore the enery saving aspect these days, financially or otherwise.

Other than that a few single MH pendants, or even MV perhaps?

Or Two, 4x 54w HO T5 Arcadia 120cm luminaires, suspended accordingly.

LondonDragon said:
Also is 10mm glass enough?
You'd need bracing.

Thanks George, I was also thinking two luminaires of 120cm, not sure about the LED solution, haven't heard anything good about them when it comes to planted tanks. Although the saving on the electric bill would be a great benefit.

I am considering braces because of the L shape, just to be on the safe side, will just reforce it.

George Farmer said:
I'm testing the new TMC Aquaray for planted tanks soon. Its modular design may suit your needs. Also it's hard to ignore the enery saving aspect these days, financially or otherwise. .
Just had a quick look on google and found the AquaRay AquaBeam 500, but don't seem to see them on sale anywhere? do you know where I can get them and how much they cost? They look very interesting. Saw a shop on ebay selling them for £370 a pair! seems steep. I would need about 3 grand worth of these lol

The PFK review seemed a bit mixed. I think they have a future but they need fine tuning a bit in my opinion. Having glitter lines through the water is very appealing but mixing different colours seems problematic and of course they're not going to sell to Joe Public at those kind of prices.

Back