• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting Help

I done a bit of research , i need something thats say 3" above water will gu10`s work , whats nearest in kelkin to 6500k to 8000k , Warm maybe in gu10 4000k ? would 20 x 3w be better?

I Forgot to mention i have C02 system running at 2 bubbles a second.

I dont think led tech is quite there yet from what ive read for planted tanks anyway , i stand to be corrected :bookworm:

Some lovely examples , but they need to be at a good height to achieve decent light spread ? ineed to keep lighting compact as tank is already 66cm high and in my sitting room so overhead not practical for me

The ones I use are about 15cm from the water, they have a lens over the led so get good spread. LEDs aren't the choice of everyone, but I have provided those pics just to show that LEDs are as good as any light.

At the end of the day, light is just light. It doesn't matter what k rating your bulb/led is, as long as you have light your plants will utilise it. This is why you won't find many on here if anyone advocating high light.

Back