• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting - LED

skeletonw00t

Hi all,

I am not growing plants in my next tank - but I need a decent light for viewing.

Ideally I want something as small & minimalist as possible - so I was thinking an LED strip?

Needs to be about 82cm long.

Does anyone know if those "True Lumen pro" things are for sale as they look really cool - shown here:

Yeah those arcadia look good. Would I need 1 or 2 strips?

I found a site selling those true lumen ones but unfortunately they don't do a 32inch size (24 then jumps up to 36 inches).

Do you know how you mount those arcadia ones? I would like them to mount just onto the open top tank ideally.

If you scroll down the page there are brackets which span the depth of the tank and the lights click into them - you could possibly suspend one or two if you wished and were up for the task.

Yeah Just noticed those brackets - they are ugly!

I think I could try just balancing the lights on the tank edges. my tank is 82cm and the closest size is 85cm so it should work.

I'm sure I could fashion a bracket somehow just to make it secure.

For a non-planted tank, it may well be perfect, as the LEDs are nowhere near bright enough to grow much :)

Never trust someone who puts Tangs in with goldfish.. In a planted tank of all places! :text-coolphotos:

1.jpg

Back