• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting suggestion

gzylo

Hi All

I`m currently running 300L tank with 2xT8 30W, 1xT5 39W and 1xT 54W (total 155W) and I`m planning to change this to 2xT8 30W and 4xT5 39W which will bring me up to 216W I`m adding co2 by glass diffuser (in-ilne diffuser in the post) + easycarbo.
I dose ferts with this regime.

In 1 liter bottle:
59 grams K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
65 grams KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate)
6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate)
41 grams MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)

Micro Solution
In 1 liter bottle:
80 grams of CSM+B or equivalent trace element mix

each 5 mill/ day.

Most of the plants are echinodorus, bacopa, microsorum and aponogeton.

The tank is running for 2 months now and I still have few algie problems nothing major most of the are green ones on wood which will be eventually covered with mosses and die off hence there is no worry about them. I`m really do not wish to put lights before I will get the in-line diffuser as atm co2 goes from ceramic diffuser under power-head which I do not find working as it should.

Does any one have any suggestions for me before I will get on with lights.

p.s they will be switched on gradually probably there will be high light intensity period on with 2x30w + there is no reflectors in the hood for now but ordered some and will get them together with lights.

Thanks
gzylo

Hi,
There's not much that can be said other than the same general rules regarding flow/distribution and CO2. Is there a particular reason that you decided to increase the lighting? I assume it was an aesthetic decision right?

Cheers,

HI ceg
well really its aesthetic but also I would like to push my plants a little bit some of them do not require a lot of light but all echinodorus and microsorym are going out to be replaced with steems which like light a bit more.

So that's the idea behind.

p.s my diffuser and reflector just arrived still waiting on light ballast.

Thanks
gzylo

Hi,
Well, stems don't particularly like light any more than swords and crypts, but more light accelerates growth for all plants. More light also places demands for more CO2. So you need to be aware of this and adjust the CO2/flow/distribution appropriately, otherwise more light will mean more chance of algae.

Cheers,

Hi ceg

atm i have 2x fluval 405 connected in line and outlet is connected to spray bar along back wall of the tank, co2 injected in-line, I need a bit of acceleration. I mean see how it goes If I like it I will stick with it if not will change back on.

Yes maybe they do not need but I really would like to see difference whether it would make them more red :)

Thanks

Back