• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting Suggestions please

Gill

83cm Long With the sliding hood on. 81cm without.
I currently have:
x1 Kessil A80 Tuna
x1 A601 RGB Chihiros
x1 Fluval aquasky 32W

Now I like that I can control the fluval from my phone, laptop or tablet with the fluval app.
The Chihiros has a controller but cant get the instructions in english so have unplugged it and just using the switches.
And the Tuna has x2 dials to control light spectrum and intensity.

I would prefer to have either x1 app controlled Light unit. Or a set of lights that can be app controlled. And for the 1st time in a long time cost is not a factor, within reason.

Input would be much appreciated, as I am unsure of all the options now available and don't want to make the wrong choice.

If you love the Kessil you could look at adding Kessil controller system Kessil A-Series Spectral Controller
EXCEPT it’s not app controlled (this was hinted at with the 360x introduction but ...)

Prime lights offer similar aesthetics as the Kessils and are app controlled Prime 16HD Reef - AquaIllumination
You can see these on some of Aquaflora display tanks and Filipe Oliveira videos

As you want to keep the aquarium hood, check that manufacturers will still warranty lights under these conditions

Green Aqua’s recent lighting video covers most name brand options

83cm Long With the sliding hood on. 81cm without.
I currently have:
x1 Kessil A80 Tuna
x1 A601 RGB Chihiros
x1 Fluval aquasky 32W

Now I like that I can control the fluval from my phone, laptop or tablet with the fluval app.
The Chihiros has a controller but cant get the instructions in english so have unplugged it and just using the switches.
And the Tuna has x2 dials to control light spectrum and intensity.

I would prefer to have either x1 app controlled Light unit. Or a set of lights that can be app controlled. And for the 1st time in a long time cost is not a factor, within reason.

Input would be much appreciated, as I am unsure of all the options now available and don't want to make the wrong choice.
Not enough information.
Kessils and AI Primes need height to be most effective (Narrower beam angles).
Fluvals are err low riders.
Chihiros is a bit in between.

Your "space" for lights needs defining.
Your 31" width is a bit problematic for strip lights at normal heights since it's sort of not standard.
Tank depth and height is also needed as well as "goals" High light ect.

You can control any light from your mobile phone, however the path may work out expensive and may not worth the effect if you don't have a love/passion for DIY electronics.

eg, I control my Kessils via the 0-10V rail which they use, the kessil controller does this at a good price IMO or any other device which allows to to adjust the 0-10V rail. I use a PLC to control the whole fish tank, which wasn't cheap but I can use my phone to adjust things, I don't use my phone I use my PC/laptop.

Not enough information.
Kessils and AI Primes need height to be most effective (Narrower beam angles).
Fluvals are err low riders.
Chihiros is a bit in between.

Your "space" for lights needs defining.
Your 31" width is a bit problematic for strip lights at normal heights since it's sort of not standard.
Tank depth and height is also needed as well as "goals" High light ect.

OakStyle 145 (145L / 81cm)
Overall volume: 145 litres
Aquarium dimensions: 81 x 38 x 55cm (L x W x H)
Cabinet dimensions: 88 x 41 x 78cm (L x W x H)

AI primes and Kessils work best around 20-30cm off the water line. Light face to water line.
2 would work fine in the 81cm. Think 2 cells 40x40 and adjust height to cover that area on the water surface.
Raise to even the light at the expense of par..
Setting the gap between the 2 at about 2x the edge will also even out the middle hot spot
Don't just divide tank in 3rds.
All ballpark figures btw.

Back