• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting upgrade advice

ashy4uk

Seedling
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I'm going to be buying an Arcadia luminaire shortly but i'd like advice on whether to go 2 lamp or 4. I have 30 watts of lighting on my 24in X14in X 16in tank at the moment. I want to go for the 4 lamp luminaire & go high tech with EI dosing, I already run pressurized CO2. Is 96 watts of light too big a jump & will it cause algae problems? I don't have algae problems now. Thanks.

ashy4uk said:
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I'm going to be buying an Arcadia luminaire shortly but i'd like advice on whether to go 2 lamp or 4. I have 30 watts of lighting on my 24in X14in X 16in tank at the moment. I want to go for the 4 lamp luminaire & go high tech with EI dosing, I already run pressurized CO2. Is 96 watts of light too big a jump & will it cause algae problems? I don't have algae problems now. Thanks.

It could cause a few issues yes, but if you get the 4 lamp unit I'm pretty sure they come with two switches so you can turn two off! Then you can phase in the higher light gradually for short periods at the start.

Thanks. You're right about the double switches & so i'll go with the 4 lamp version as planned.

Back