Lighting upgrade

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by squiggley, 27 Jul 2009.

1. squiggley

squiggley Member

Over the weekend I purchase a Hagen T5 double glo u it (2 x 24watt) to replace the one already on it. The u its are similar but the new one has the expandible brackets to rest on the tank rather than hang from the frame supplied with the Osaka. I fou d it awkward doing any maintainance on the tank as I had to unscrew it from the frame each time.

Then whilst trawling thru ebay I spotted a single and double unit on ebay and thought another single unit would up the lighting a little from 1.2wpg to 1.8wpg. However with the hussle bussle of homelife I manage to catch what I thought was the right auction within the last minute. However on completion I found out I had bid and won the double unit. This would now take the tank up to 2.4 wpg.

Is this going to cause any major problems?
    I don't intend to have both lights on for the full duration.

Tank still as sig

Thanks
    Darren

2. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

IT should be fine, just make sure your CO2 is good and maybe turn it up a bit, your gonna be doing more pruning now though :lol:

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh providing you keep on top of the fert dosing I dont seeing it making to much difference. You might find you can run it this just one tube. My luminary runs just fine with only 2 of the three bulbs installed.

Sam