• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting upgrade

squiggley

Over the weekend I purchase a Hagen T5 double glo u it (2 x 24watt) to replace the one already on it. The u its are similar but the new one has the expandible brackets to rest on the tank rather than hang from the frame supplied with the Osaka. I fou d it awkward doing any maintainance on the tank as I had to unscrew it from the frame each time.

Then whilst trawling thru ebay I spotted a single and double unit on ebay and thought another single unit would up the lighting a little from 1.2wpg to 1.8wpg. However with the hussle bussle of homelife I manage to catch what I thought was the right auction within the last minute. However on completion I found out I had bid and won the double unit. This would now take the tank up to 2.4 wpg.

Is this going to cause any major problems?
I don't intend to have both lights on for the full duration.

Tank still as sig

Thanks
Darren

IT should be fine, just make sure your CO2 is good and maybe turn it up a bit, your gonna be doing more pruning now though :lol:

Back