• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Like tiny dandelion seeds...

They sound a bit like Hydra. Do the tenacles retract when they're touched into little blobs?

Or is it green stringy algae that's just happened to grow and tangle in places? I get some of that in my Angelfish's tank on the front glass.

It doesn't seem to retract when touched and it's not green, it's more translucent/white. I've left the rear glass to see what it develops into and it doesn't get bigger than 1-1.5mm and they are spread a few mm apart and look lke inside out umbrellas without the fabric! In between there is a thin film of translucent stuff. I'd take a pic but it's so small and my camera is so basic... The translucent film I can imagine is something to do with snail tracks and maybe something is growing on that? It's a 240l tank and only three apple snails (anyone want 3 apple snails?!) so I can't see how they've covered the whole tank!!

Back