• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liking etiquette on the forum

Hufsa

Good morning everyone 😊
This question has been brewing in my mind for a while, and I think I need some opinions from others for this.
Sometimes I am away from the forum for longer stretches (weeks/months), and go through older posts catching up with what ive missed, so to speak.

I often come across posts that I want to press like on, but am unsure if I should, because they are older posts and I dont want to spam the poster with my like notifications.

Is there a cut-off period that you should no longer like old posts, like a liking etiquette?
If so, roughly how long is that period?

As you can probably tell this matter is of critical importance to my life and I eagerly await the socially acceptable answer from the peoples😘

If liking something is dependent on the age of it, then I'm screwed! 😂

In terms of forum posts though, I'll stick a 'like' on anything I read that I like regardless. I have accidentally stuck a like on posts from 10 years ago which might be a little pointless, but hey ho, no harm done!

Good morning everyone 😊
This question has been brewing in my mind for a while, and I think I need some opinions from others for this.
Sometimes I am away from the forum for longer stretches (weeks/months), and go through older posts catching up with what ive missed, so to speak.

I often come across posts that I want to press like on, but am unsure if I should, because they are older posts and I dont want to spam the poster with my like notifications.

Is there a cut-off period that you should no longer like old posts, like a liking etiquette?

As you can probably tell this matter is of critical importance to my life and I eagerly await the socially acceptable answer from the peoples😘
I’ve bookmarked this post to return to and like in 2 years’ time.;)

Hi all,
often find I'm re reading old posts that I think are really interesting and then when I go to like them, I realise I already had and completely forgotten I'd seen the thread.
Darrel dw1305 and others will often give links to threads which can be helpful
Not just me then, I often find threads, that I contributed to, but that I now have no recollection of.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
The server is so busy routing likes etc. back and forth that it understandably has quite some hiccups too... :) A lot's of times it fails to send notifications about replies in followed threads... Me personally I have not enabled E-mail notification, don't need it I'm here daily anyway so the top right Bell does its job so far. But as said not always... Not that I feel it's a problem, just something I noticed.

I quite like a spot of thread necromancy. The odd random reply after years or dormancy has brought many great threads back to light. Some of the most enjoyable threads I've seen were from before I was a member and its hard to find some unless you do a lot of digging.

I’ve not liked this post
I’ll wait until it’s finished then come back to it in the future then like it maybe

Having old posts liked so they pop back up is like putting on an old coat and finding £10 in the pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone 😊

I think ill take the @frederick thompson approach, when he was with us and if I learn from, enjoy, interact with, then I will whack on one of the like options

Back