• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lilaeopsis brasiliensis

AdAndrews

What is lilaeopsis brasiliensis like to grow and take care of? anything that it likes or sugestions to how i should prune it or prepare it for planting
thanks.

ive had it in my 60cm but its a bitch to use. I found it was a bit of a pain to trim as it doesnt seem to grwo back like grasses would. It can also get quite high, im guessing high light levels may make it grow a bit lower. I think saintly also used it in one of his scapes. I dont think id use it again over other carpeting plants available but thats just me.

stuworrall said:
ive had it in my 60cm but its a bitch to use. I found it was a bit of a pain to trim as it doesnt seem to grwo back like grasses would. It can also get quite high, im guessing high light levels may make it grow a bit lower. I think saintly also used it in one of his scapes. I dont think id use it again over other carpeting plants available but thats just me.

ok, thanks Stu :thumbup: i dont really want to use it as a carpeting plant, just for something grass like(thicker leaves than hairgrass) to be poking out through rocks and in crevices. Is there an alternative i could look at, similar looking?

EDIT: Just had a quick look on TGM's site and tenellus is another option perhaps, a little more expensive per pot, but heyho, what you reckon?

i prefer tennelus personally cos you can just hack it right back and itll grow back. If its for the odd alcove you will have more maintenance with tennelus as it spread a lot quicker than lilaeopsis but IMO it looks nicer.

Having said that I think lilaeopsis would look good in little clumps. I just didnt get on with it becuase I tried to carpet it.

Back