• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipe compatability (sp)

Why would switching to lily pipes stop your algae problems?

You might find that it leaks with that piping. I'd consider replacing the fluval piping with the clear, smooth stuff - ribbed needs cleaning every two seconds anyway!

On my 205 I've siliconed the Fluval hose connectors to the clear pipes, and then into my nano lily pipes.

Tom said:
Why would switching to lily pipes stop your algae problems?

You might find that it leaks with that piping. I'd consider replacing the fluval piping with the clear, smooth stuff - ribbed needs cleaning every two seconds anyway!

On my 205 I've siliconed the Fluval hose connectors to the clear pipes, and then into my nano lily pipes.

Better flow

Can i get the clear pipe off AE

Hi,
Errr......you think that changing to a lily pipe will give you better flow? This is highly unlikely. Before you spend money needlessly it would probably be better to describe your problem in detail so that a proper analysis can be performed.

How do you know your algae isn't as a result of too much light, or improper dosing or poor CO2?

Cheers,

Hose reducers will reduce the flow, which could exacerbate any algae issues. PM do lily pipes that will fit the clear hosing. I stick the end of the hose in hot water for a few seconds to soften it, the push it on to the lily pipe.

Lily pipes work well, but they are not as good as the multi segmented spray bar I have on my AquaEl 250. I can have the jets pointing in all directions for moving the nutrients around.

Still, the aesthetics of glass win almost every time for me.

Dave.

Back