• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipes for a shallow tank?

Epiphyte

I've been searching for this for a while with little success, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

I'm just setting up a ADA 45f tank, which is 16cm deep. Take a few cm off for substrate and I'm struggling to find glass lily pipes that are short enough to fit the tank neatly without the loop of the pipe extending too far from the tank edge.

Does anyone know of some really compact pipes for this sort of setup? Filter is an Oase Filtosmart 100 Thermo.

Look at the ADA Mini pipes. The outflow is 11cm high and the intake is 15cm high, with the loop included. So, they should fit. There are other brands selling “mini” glass tubes with similar sizes (DOOA, Cal Aqua, Aqua Rebell, Chihiros, …) And since this issue is limited to the intake, you can consider doing some easy DIY work and install an horizontal intake pipe near the substrate on the back of the aquarium that can be hidden behind hardscape and plants.

Hi,
Forum sponsors Horizon Aquatics do a range of cal aqua pipes and one set is the X1s nano short inflow pipe with an immersion depth of 80mm. That should do the trick.
Cheerio.

Back