Lime green What's that?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by marwil, 16 Feb 2009.

1. marwil

marwil Newly Registered

Hi
    I know this has probably been asked a million times before but I am really struggling to get up to the hallowed lime green on my drop checker at the most I get a sort of emerald green I am using the 4dkh solution. I am using a hydor turbo diffuser aided by a korali 1 and there are millions of bubbles so I know the co2 is making it into the tank I have got the bubble rate up so high that it is impossible to count. Should I just keep tweaking as I have no fish in the tank at present.
    Cheers
    Mark.

2. JamesM

JamesM Member

Yes, keep tweaking... and make sure you don't have too much surface movement as this drives off the co2.

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Try taking the DC out of the water. Mine looks lime green when I look at it in the tank, but its yellow when I take it out :)

Sam

4. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Idealy you need drop checker that has a piece of white plastic within the glass envelope or bubble - Aqua-Essentail do one but it is quite dear.

Regards
    Paul

5. marwil

marwil Newly Registered

Yay
    Finally had lime green yesterday after noticing my bubble counter was leaking hence using a 600gm cylinder in a week and also changing the turbo diffuder for a ceramic diffuser after advice on another thread I posted so thanks guys once again ukaps is deffo the place to be if your into plants and tanks.
    Mark. :D

6. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Glad you got it sorted :)

Sam

7. GreenNeedle

GreenNeedle Member

lime green is the colour of a lime's skin. Limeade (which is what I aim for) is similar to the UKaps icon in the tab at the top of the screen :) or like a bottle of limeade colour.

AC

8. marwil

marwil Newly Registered

Iasked for that one really didn't I :D