• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

limnophila sessiliflora algae help

Mattant1984

Been growing limnophila sessiliflora very well in my tank however its the only plant I have that seems to have some brown algae growing on it.

I'm assuming it's very difficult for the CUC to get to the algae due to the very fine leaves.

Any ideas or tips on how to stop it or any critters that will tackle it?

Would shrimp sort it out??

Many of the well known algae crew such as Ottocinclus are very good, amano Shrimp will beaver away at it but you need a few ,if can get them and your tanks big enough juvenile SAEs and Ramshorn snails. Guessing it's not a new set up? Try reducing the lighting intensity photoperiod ?and some frequent water changes will help.

Many of the well known algae crew such as Ottocinclus are very good, amano Shrimp will beaver away at it but you need a few ,if can get them and your tanks big enough juvenile SAEs and Ramshorn snails. Guessing it's not a new set up? Try reducing the lighting intensity photoperiod ?and some frequent water changes will help.
I have plenty of otos and they do a great job but just don't go near this plant.

Might look at dome amanos and maybe some snails.

Been set up for quite a while and I do about 30% wc weekly. Playing around with the lighting is something I've tried but it's not made much of a difference

Back