• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Limnophila Sessiliflora I have been advised ?

Marty.h

Not sure 100% what it is but when I put it in it looked like this
0a1d7b5c1abaac17106f53aa4303ed96.jpg

5 days on it now looks like this is it normal or lacking something also has all roots appeared on the sides

af8277f3d5ad109f10c6948cabe0e2c5.jpg

5711353e873feea2923bcb2b64eddc0a.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Potentially an iron (micro) deficiency, what ferts are you dosing?
None at present they are currently on there way to me I have ordered these and a set of syringes so I can accurately add them.

Any tips would be handy :)

Thanks for your reply
a9f3a296101d5e12e54862d04ec681eb.jpg

You have bought an emerse grown Lim. Sess. - and the new growth is the submersed version. So your plant look exactly as it should.
The roots appearing from the stem is very normal, too. If you do not like them, cut them off. The plant will not be damaged by this.
The faint orange colour of new growth, tell that your plant is getting sufficient light....... and a bit more, so it is getting "a sun tan". This will not harm the plant either.
Lim. Sess. is very adaptable to different water qualities and light intensities and furthermore a quite fast grower (which is probaply why it was recommended, since this will help your aquarium cycle and mature). Lim. Sess. tends to grow a bit "leggy", because of the long internodes between sets of leaves. The fast growth means, you will have to trim the plant quite often. you cut the longest stems quite low and the short remaining stem will grow new shoots. If desired, you can re-plant some of the offcuts next to the original plant to make the group more dense (or plant elsewhere). Remove lowest set of leaves and stick the bare part of stem into your bottom layer. Roots will soon be produced and the new plant will grow happily on.
Good luck - you will love this plant.......

You have bought an emerse grown Lim. Sess. - and the new growth is the submersed version. So your plant look exactly as it should.
The roots appearing from the stem is very normal, too. If you do not like them, cut them off. The plant will not be damaged by this.
The faint orange colour of new growth, tell that your plant is getting sufficient light....... and a bit more, so it is getting "a sun tan". This will not harm the plant either.
Lim. Sess. is very adaptable to different water qualities and light intensities and furthermore a quite fast grower (which is probaply why it was recommended, since this will help your aquarium cycle and mature). Lim. Sess. tends to grow a bit "leggy", because of the long internodes between sets of leaves. The fast growth means, you will have to trim the plant quite often. you cut the longest stems quite low and the short remaining stem will grow new shoots. If desired, you can re-plant some of the offcuts next to the original plant to make the group more dense (or plant elsewhere). Remove lowest set of leaves and stick the bare part of stem into your bottom layer. Roots will soon be produced and the new plant will grow happily on.
Good luck - you will love this plant.......
Thanks for taking the time to reply as I could not find any answers online about it at least the lights I have must put out some poke then. I have since moved this plant to the back as the growth was just mental and it looked silly being at the front.

Hi all,
Potentially an iron (micro) deficiency, what ferts are you dosing
So your plant look exactly as it should.
lacking something
I wondered about iron deficiency as well, but I know that @Mick.Dk is more likely to be right.
since moved this plant to the back as the growth was just mental
If the new leaves now turn green again? You can <"discount iron deficiency">.

cheers Darrel

I had the same problem with the same plant it went brown at the top a couple of days after planting I left it alone and because the plant grew so fast I did some trimming since that first trimming ist never reappeared and the plants is lovely and green, mine dont seem to that roots coming out the stems but has a few runners

Back