• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid carbon bath

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi members,

Yesterday I have put down my 70 G tank because I am living the country for 3 weeks.
But I keep my 20 G tank running, I wanted to introduce some plants from the 70 to the 20 G but they have a bit of hair algae on it. Not much but I would like to "kill" them before they go in the 20 G set up that is algae free.
I have very nice staurogyne R. and some crypt.
So as my title says, I would like to put them in a LC bath to "kill" the hair algae on it, but I don't know how to proceed with quantity and sitting time ?
I have already cut the leaves attacked etc,..

Thanks for your help guys

Cheers

could this be used to kill hair algae on moss? i had to rip a mesh of moss from one of my tanks as i had hair algae grow all over it, i separated the algae and the moss as much as i could and put the moss in a tub with water by the window sill to "grow More" but its all full of algae again

could this be used to kill hair algae on moss? i had to rip a mesh of moss from one of my tanks as i had hair algae grow all over it, i separated the algae and the moss as much as i could and put the moss in a tub with water by the window sill to "grow More" but its all full of algae again

Hi
I think that could work with moss, but it will be better to follow tim's recipe because it is less concentrate and will maybe be less harmfull for the moss.
Before doing this please try to ask to an expert if this can be done with moss.

regards

I read about this somewhere and so copied what i read by putting some grasses in neat liquid carbon for 5 mins, 24 hours later no algae and also no grasses..... lol, I now just use a syringe straight onto the hair grass in the running tank once a day, normally gets rid of the algae after a couple of treatments

I would advise against it. I mixed a solution as per this site - James' Planted Tank - Algae Guide and used it to spray on some hair algae on my wood and rocks. Unfortunately it also killed off the majority of the moss I had inadvertently sprayed.

Back