• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid Carbon for BBA, but which product ?

Tony Swinney

Morning guys and gals

I have BBA in my tanks, and have had some success using Excel directly syringed onto it to kill it off.

I need to order more Liquid Carbon, and was wondering if there was any difference between the products when it comes to killing off BBA, as the Excel is alot more expensive than the other products available....

500ml EasyCarbo - £9.99 (AE)
500ml Flourish Excel - £13.60 ( AE)
500ml AE DEsign Aqua Carbon £7.99 (AE)
500ml PlantedBox LiquidCarbon £7.59 (plantedbox)

Tony

I've used EasyCarbo and AE Design Aqua Carbon. Both worked great when applied directly to the BBA. I'm inclined to try the PlantedBox LiquidCarbon when I run out of the AE stuff, simply because it's cheaper.

I believe they are all made to similar "recipes". There was a lengthy discussion on the safety of these products late last year, which got a little heated, but there was a lot of info about each product and what they contain. It may help with your decision in terms of knowing what's in each, and how similar/dissimilar they are :)

I'll try and dig out a link...

Hi all

Thanks for your replies, and the link to the other thread - 'interesting' reading and whilst it wouldnt stop me using any liquid carbon products, it will make me more aware of taking care of handling it, and storing it too.

My decision was somewhat made by stock levels, as I had to order ferts today from Fluid Sensor and they only had Easy Carbo in stock so thats what I ordered.

Cheers

Tony

Back