• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid Carbon.. Which plants hate it ?

Kristoph91

Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding a little bit of liquid carbon to my tank, because my yeast CO2 diffusion isn't the best !

I have a lot of different plants, check my Lavagumi Journal for specs.. So I'm just wondering if there's any plants that Glutaraldehyde has a detrimental effect on.

Many thanks

vallis. pretty much all kinds.

if you put it in really really weakly/massively below recommended dose then vallis won't react too badly to it but if you put it in enough that its actually beneficial to other plants your vallis will be mush within the week.

LOL, I am new to planted tanks...... I thought you where talking about melted dry ice or something like that. That thread is interesting but do not think I fancy melting my lungs for a few plants lol

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding a little bit of liquid carbon to my tank, because my yeast CO2 diffusion isn't the best !

I have a lot of different plants, check my Lavagumi Journal for specs.. So I'm just wondering if there's any plants that Glutaraldehyde has a detrimental effect on.

Many thanks
Kris,
Valis, and generally liverworts (such as Riccia) and bladderworts have a low tolerance for liquid carbon. This does not mean they cannot use it, but they have a much lower threshold than stem plants and carpet plants, which absolutely love the stuff.

Cheers,

hinch said:
vallis. pretty much all kinds.

if you put it in really really weakly/massively below recommended dose then vallis won't react too badly to it but if you put it in enough that its actually beneficial to other plants your vallis will be mush within the week.
ceg4048 said:
Kris,
Valis, and generally liverworts (such as Riccia) and bladderworts have a low tolerance for liquid carbon. This does not mean they cannot use it, but they have a much lower threshold than stem plants and carpet plants, which absolutely love the stuff.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info guys, I have some vallis in my 30L now, got it off a mate who was binning it. Only a tiny shoot. Now it's about half a metre long. :thumbdown:
Bad planning or what!

So I think once I ditch that, I can start adding some.

Really appreciate the replies!

Back