• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liseys 60cm high-tech

Lisa_Perry75

Thought I would start a journal. Tank stats:-
Clear-seal - 60 x 30 x 37.5
Lights - 2 x 36w T5 PC ASL kit with reflector
Substrate - ADA AS
CO2 - Non-existant (grrr) dosing excel atm and only have one light on for now which still gives 2.3 wpg
Hardscape - mini-landscape rocks and sumatra wood

Here is day one:-
IMGP3555.jpg

IMGP3559.jpg

The plants have grown loads in just one day! I mean I have no CO2, just excel. I know this is playing with fire, its not my choice. Please see the other thread. I called the place I got it from and they just gave me D&D's number. Have to try them tomorrow. I tell you what though, in the 3 times I've started afresh both times before, the plants took ages to get going. Literally these plants have grown tons in one day! Got to love aquasoil! The rock back left is just cultivating some xmas moss btw. Plus the Fissidens on the rock in the centre front should soften it up and cover most of the rock.

Oh and all credit to Dan Crawford, he did all the scaping. I think I added one rock maybe lol.

Here are a couple of pics of the beautiful city I'm in:-
IMGP3547.jpg

IMGP3529.jpg

Recognise the pics John? Good times eh?

Good start Lisa, nice to see you back on track and the tank is looking great, shame about the CO2, probably worth running DIY yeast in the mean time? :) let me know if you still want more plants as I saw you selling/donating some on the other post. Let me know if you want some more glosso to fill in that quicker ;)

Another Crawford masterpiece in the making. You're a lucky girl, Lisa! Do it justice, won't you?! No pressure. ;)

Personally I wouldn't take the yeast-based CO2 route. That's asking for algae issues unless you're very strict on maintaining stable CO2 levels with multiple units.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with dosing Excel and non-CO2. My 'Little Mountain' grew remarkably well with a similar set up i.e. Aqua Soil, Easycarbo (cheaper than Excel), non-CO2. Nice steady growth and not a hint of algae.

I look forward to seeing this develop, a lot.

LD - Nah I think I'm good for plants, cheers. Around the outside of the island should be HC carpet, but the two pots of tropica went meh in a day. The MA have agreed to swap what have for new ones though. I thought about yeast based, but decided the instability isn't worth it. Just cut down the lighting, dose excel and hope for the best. Lets hope D&D sort me out. Otherwise its like £53 for a new one, from hong kong which is a b***h.

George - Cheers, thanks for the pressure! The growth so far has been better than anything I've seen before. If I get my CO2 sorted though I'll put it on.

TDI-line - cheers :)

If I do get the CO2 running do you guys think I should put on the other light? Giving me 4.4 wpg. Might this bee too much for the HC?

4.4 WPG, he he! good work, i'd leave it off for the mo, certainly till you get some good, stable CO2 in there. Then go for your guns my dear LOL

It looks good, once those stems fill out it should look real smart. Happy days :D

Hi Lisa, the pics came out good we had a nice day didnt we :) it was great to see you, its great that you have got up and running again if you need anything you only have to ask i really dont mind helping,That Dans a good guy his aquascaping skills are getting better all the time well done mate,i am sure this will look really nice when it matures i will keep looking in,take care john.

Saintly - Yeah I am l o v i n g AS. I must say your tanks are doing a sterling job on it so its got to be pretty good!!!

John - yeah great time, eh? Great to see you too, cheers for the offer. Yeah all hats off to Dan! Hope I take good enough care of it.

Spoke to the retailer I bought the D&D kit from and looks like they might swap it for a new one, cross your fingers! I'll be able to get CO2 running this Sunday. Supposed to do a waterchange tonight to minimise the ammonia spike, I've literally just got home with no tea... Will it happen? Hmm...

DO IT NOW! I can do a 10gallon water change on my tank of the same size in half an hour, the same amount of time it takes to stick a pizza in the oven. :p

Things have taken a turn for the worse, was in an RTA last sunday. I was in the fast lane on the m27 with some traffic. The car in front started braking, so I started braking. Then I realised he was slamming his brakes on much harder so I did the same. Unfortunately I was in a much older car and didn't have as much time to react so went slamming into the back of him. Car in front then hit the car in front. My dads car is a write off (over £1000 of damage), car in front is a write-off. The policeman came and told me I wasn't on the database as being a named driver on my dads policy (I was) so I got a producer. Felt ok til that night when my neck started hurting. Spent hours Monday in A&E (they poked my neck, I say ow, they say "it's probably not broken"). Been in pain all week with whiplash and seatbelt injuries. Haven't been able to go back to work all week. Which means my tank is sitting in Cambridge all alone with no ferts... Hmmm, dunno if it'll be an algae-fest by the time I get back to it.

Sorry to ear that Lisa, hope you recover from the neck pain and that is nothing serious, the car can always be replaced and insurance will always give you something for the write off. Can't you get someone to check up on the tank?
Hope you get well soon and get things back on track.

God Lisa, you're really not doing well at the moment! Sorry to hear about the RTA and I really hope you get better soon. Don't worry about the tank - you're in one piece and the tank can be sorted again.

Wow Lisa what a crap time you are having,Anyway the main thing is that you are ok you can replace a car and the tank can be sorted out i am sure,If you need any help just give me a call,take john.

Back