• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lloyds emmersed Crypt tank

Lloyd

HI all. having some great success wioth emmersd crypts of late. figured i would share my progress so far.

substrate is comprised of old AS,flourite.laterite,pottign soil,super peat,microbe lift substrate some osmacote and thats it i think?

anyways.........................ON WITH THE PICS!:)

IMG_1614Small_zpsde581f1d.jpg

some spathes

IMG_1616Small_zpscdee2b63.jpg

IMG_1619Small_zps7df0a92f.jpg

IMG_1744Small_zpsffb2c7b6.jpg

IMG_1747Small_zps609b5931.jpg

IMG_1752Small_zps9d30bc53.jpg

as you can see i have another one on its way. :D
IMG_1754Small_zpse95bb44c.jpg

as you can see from the first pic they are in a smallish aquarium (70 litre breeder) I have recently moved them into a 3foot witch gives them allot more space to grow out. And hopefully more spathes!!

Is this tank covered or misted very regularly? I'm tempted by this idea now. I'm thinking loads of crypts, and making an acrylic lid, then keep some poison darts in there. They've very beautiful plants.

Hi Henry.

i mist every third day with normal tap water. our water here in Cape Town is VERY soft so no issue using it. i would love to use some frogs but its prohibited here:(

get allot of moss also. as you can see i have a full moss carpet in there witch stops any BGA wanting to grow on the substrate.

Hi
I am a crypt lover and your emerge cryp are very nice !! They look very healthy ! Congrats mate.
Here is a pic of crypts in my pond in Congo.
jydytehy.jpg

5e9ygyhy.jpg

If you wish you can see my journal about that pond
Submerge and emerge plants in a tropical pond is the title.

Cheers and waiting for more update

WOW!!!!!:wideyed:

ill definitely do that. thanks for the compliment. your pond looks AMAZING!!!

Back