• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adult Fans of Lego, AFOL

This thread reminds me of years back when my son was about seven .Star Wars were the number one gift for Christmas every lad (and mor than a few dads) wanted them. Being self employed and struggling and my wife being in work part time we just couldn't afford them. Spotted a ad inthe local rag for Star Wars toys , it was a family off loading a lot . Couldnt afford the falcon but bought a few bits and pieces figures and smaller vehicles for Father Christmas to give to my son:) A lot of the stuff the family had were in original boxes would beworth pounds today

Bit of lego myself, over the years me and my kiddo have build quite a few set together, its kinda started as a Xmas activity for us both, but soon got out of hand 😅. Also built the Millennium falcon, love it but my favourite set got to be the tree house.

IMG_20191231_041801_411.jpg
20191120_200415.jpg
IMG_20200601_074928_244.jpg
IMG_20200414_080549_250.jpg

Have you seen the Great Ball contraptions?

If you like it look at Akiyuki's channel on YouTube. The GBCs he makes are incredible.

That is beyond amazing. Now I know why it's impossible to get hold of some lego elements, they've all been used in the great ball contraption...
I do wonder though, just how many LEGO elements have been made over the years ?

wow, those are some crazy builds, know a chap that has done the same, with a filled loft space and down into a spare room, but using Knex, I marvel and then the fire risk and cost comes to the front of my mind,

there’s a lot of lego tanks out there, some planted and some like this just the blocks and fish

not sure id want to either dust or clean these sets, ours have been built once and then go in the box of bits to be freeform creations

Over the years I've noticed LEGO gets mentioned occasionally in discussions, so I'm guessing there are more than a few AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO) out there, I'm one for sure. And then I remembered this thread, and thought it might be a good idea to revive it, and rechristen it, so members can post pics of LEGO collections, creations, or other LEGO related news etc.

I'll try to start the ball rolling again with a Hoth MOC (My Own Creation) I built a few years back, and an R2-D2 and Princess Leia I built following another builders design.

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_2358.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1866.jpeg
    IMG_1866.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
I think Lego have really discovered (and capitalised) on the market for adult enthusiasts, but it's just so expensive. I'd love to build the rivendell set, even the Jurassic park t-rex breakout, but it's priced just out of range of passing interest for me.

Back