• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

London/Essex UKAPS winter get together!

Yes, a big thank you to Mark for organizing the get together, pity the others couldn't make it.

I got home on the last train for the night from Charing Cross and ended up spending a fortune on taxis, first time in many years. :lol:

MA was definitely very impressive, very nicely laid out and presented shop. Mark's local also had a lovely Mbuna tank at 12' long!! Should of bought my digital SLR. Hope we can do this again sometime.

Just as i was relaxing after everyone left the electric all blew in the house followed by the sound of gushing water, i ran upstairs to find water pouring through the ceiling :wideyed: a pipe had blown its fitting in the loft and dumped the contents of the header tank thought the ceiling onto the floor and then through the floor onto downstairs :mad: :wideyed: i have just sat down after dealing with the aftermath :arghh:

Arana said:
Just as i was relaxing after everyone left the electric all blew in the house followed by the sound of gushing water, i ran upstairs to find water pouring through the ceiling :wideyed: a pipe had blown its fitting in the loft and dumped the contents of the header tank thought the ceiling onto the floor and then through the floor onto downstairs :mad: :wideyed: i have just sat down after dealing with the aftermath :arghh:

very sorry to hear that, was this unfortunate incident related to your new boiler being fitted?

That's crap, not what you need on a Sunday. Hope its relatively trouble free getting it sorted, although unfortunately these things tend not to be.

Sam

PS - have just spent 5 hours redoing the tank, will get some pics up in the journal once the water has settled tomorrow. The wood looks chuffing lovely, soooo glad i decided to get it ;)

Themuleous said:
PS - have just spent 5 hours redoing the tank, will get some pics up in the journal once the water has settled tomorrow. The wood looks chuffing lovely, soooo glad i decided to get it ;)

Can't wait to see the results tomorrow mate :D I'm glad we went there now, i'l be back thats for sure :)

Sorry to hear about the water burst that's absolutely awful!
I'll post up a picture of my new wood scape as soon as I get chance.
Thanks again for the hospitality and ensuring everything was as good as possible.
all the very best.

Arana said:
Here's another, the so called "The Ultimate Plant Tank" At Wildwoods :wideyed:

I'm feeling really cynical, Mark: What is on my mind is if Wildwoods would take this video in good jest or ask you to take it down due to libel? :wideyed:

Wildwoods was a great place though.

haha, why don't you offer to do a rescape for them? :p

Sam, hows the tank? did you get yourself those poker chips?
I've got my wood in use, I wish I had a light for the 11, I'd have it filled and running now this minute if I had.

I'll post up more pictures as soon as I find my camera.

Mark you need to stick up your tank in journals or aquascapes, its beautiful.

Back