• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Long handled planting tools

Viv

Anyone got any recommendations for good long handled planting tools? I tried to find the ones I saw on here but I'm not having much luck :(

Viv

For tweezers, I just use cheap ones from ebay. I have a pair of straight and a pair of bent ones. If you're looking there to buy scissors, get proper branded ones as the cheap ones blunt very easily and end up making a mess of your plants.

Mmmm I was after something longer than that DrRob, up to twice as long. Claire are yours long or the more standard 25-27 cm ones? I have trouble reaching to the subtrate of my Vision 450 even with a step up. Now I'm going to plant it up I need something that will make it a lot easier. I've seen this on ebay: Rena Aqua Scissors 50cm Long Handle Aquarium Plant Tool | eBay but I'm not sure how good it would be. Has anyone got/used one?

Viv

Ive got one of these and to be fair there to clumsy to use effectively..

Yeah, ones like those are difficult to use. Mine are about 30cm long. I think they were meant for feeding reptiles or something... You can get ones about 40cm I think for reptile feeding too.

Oh :( Thanks for letting me know. I'll get some shorter ones and see how I get on. At least I won't be planting anything too fiddly!

Viv

We've pretty much decided to build a shorter base frame and just use the top of the original cabinet to sit the tank on. Problem sorted and it means I can put it against the wall opposite the sofa, underneath where the projector screen is. I'll finally be able to look at it straight on instead of having it as a room divider :D

Viv

Back