• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for Aqua Oak large cube

western44

Hi all, joined UKAPS today, this is my first post. I have a 155 litre Aqua Oak large cube 55cm L X 50cm W X 61cm H, i am looking for lighting recommendations.
I intend to grow a few plants and keep a few community fish. Many thanks in advance

Because of the enclosed lid anything you use should be waterproof due to the condensation build up. I have used tube lighting in the past, T8s I think, but I recently replaced them with a Fluval Aquasky Bluetooth which works for me at the moment. It’s much more configurable than the tubes.
I use a single 16w unit placed diagonally which gives good enough ambient lighting for me but probably wouldn’t work for demanding plants. If you’re looking for high tech solutions then a pair of the Fluval Plant 2.0 3.0 placed horizontally front and back might give better results.
You can see the details of my setup in my journal 155L Goldfish Cube and decide if it’s relevant to your circumstances.
You might get some more targeted ideas if you include a bit more about what you’re hoping to achieve e.g. low or high tech as this will make a big difference to the kind of light you need.
Hope this helps, good luck 👍

Last edited:
Hi Goldscapes
Thanks for your reply, im not looking for anything high tech. i will have a look at the Fluval Plant 2.0 as you have suggested.

Hi dw1305
Thanks for your suggestion, i have looked at floodlights, but im a bit worried about them getting to hot under an enclosed lid.
I will keep looking im sure i will find something given time.

Back