Looking for cheap gravel supplies

planter

SuperColey1 said:
Does anyone know anywhere online that does very cheap fine gravel. AE has some I like but in 2kg bags which is no good for me.
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_223&products_id=1582

I am looking for similar stuff but 20kg and I don't particularly want to pay £34 for it. lol

Maybe maidenhead stocks it. Any ideas
Andy

MA stock the Hagen gravels! Im sure this is available in 10 kg bags for £12- £13 if thats any use.

GreenNeedle

aaronnorth

I have about 20 - 25kg of dorset pea gravel that you can have for free, just stripped down my tank, it gave me a 3" depth in my fluval vicenza 180 bow front. I need to get rid of it and don't know here to put it!

92cm x 40cm

GreenNeedle

TBH Aaron. Had a look in Pets at Home and I quite likey the 'highland river gravel' that Roman gravel do. Cheap too. Very nice colour.

Aquagrit is OK to put in on it's own but I want the gravel to be the perfect 'finish'. lol

Thanks for the offer though. I'm sure someone will take it off you.

Andy

Dan Crawford

Founder
Staff member
Unipac do loads of gravels and sands, TGM stock Unipac tuff, Zambizi sand might do the trick, it's quite a large grain sand but smaller than 2-3mm gravel, it comes in 25kg bags and it's real reasonably priced. TGM has loads of Zambizi. Graeme uses it in his "Varience" tank.