• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for stainless steel 'J' section

Andrew Butler

Last edited:
you might get lucky
I think this is the whole reason for not wanting to do it myself. :what:
Maybe I could make a jig up and try your method and that still might be an avenue I explore.
I've had a quick chat with a couple of people who might have the tooling in this country to make them for me; let's see what prices they come back with.

My DIY skills are quite good but the kind of benders @zozo talk about would only allow me to create a 'U' and not a 'J'. The 'U' I think would also be quite wide looking at micro benders.
I'd also be left with the problem that I couldn't bend the pipe leaving a short enough piece on one side so it doesn't dip into the water so would have to cut them and end up wasting a lot.

Is a J not asmaller U with one longer arm?..
Indeed it is!

Maybe a better explanation or even one which makes any sense would be the pictures below.........
I am trying to achieve similar to what is in the first picture; a J but with a flat section which uses 2 smaller radius bends instead of one continual bend as shown in the second picture.

J.jpg
U.jpg

Likely the Remote Control (Cars etc.) community you might find people with the tools.. Also the stainless steel tubing from 2 to 8 mm in diamter you'll find at the RC shops.. :)

Maybe you find a kid at such a forum willing to bend it for you. Maybe even the RC supply shop owner selling you the tube..

Back