• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Loosing shrimps

joncairns

I would appreciate some advice on running a succesful shrimp tank.No matter how I try I seem to loose cherry and amano shrimp.

I have a small tank, about 30 litres which has two small filters working in it. I keep the temprature at about 78.I have only plastic plants, keep shrimp only and have an airstone on the go 24hours.

The ammonia is 0 the nitrite 0 and nitrate low to none existant. The PH is about 7

I do not overfeed and do regular water changes.The tank has been running about 9months with various fish - no problems there.But introducing shrimp only has been a disaster. I recently changed the water to RO with some salts

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you,

Jon :(

Have you used any meds in the tank recently? Many contain copper, traces of which could still be lurking, and which may be causing problems.

Hi,

No I haven't used any medication in there for about 8 months.Yesterday went out and bought a copper test kit.The water did not register any copper at all.

Had a helpful phone call from Matt who explained how the simplest thing can upset the shrimps,so hopefully it will settle down whatever the reason is.

Driving me mad not being able to rectify the situation.

Thank you for your reply,
Jon :)

Back