• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low nitrate level

Hi all,
If I’m aiming for 10ppm NO3 then applying Darrells calcs from another thread, I should need 11.25g (for my 750L system).
Does that sound right? Dosed on a weekly basis with 50% weekly water change? (The previous example used 2.7g in 180L system)
Assuming I got the <"original calculation"> correct in @kellyboy47 's thread, that is right.

The real conversion factor is 4.17 (750 / 180), but a <"quick bit of guestimation">, says your tank is
  • Your tank is ~ 4x as big in volume,
  • 2.7 is inbetween 2.5 and 3 and
  • 4 x 2.5 =10 and 4 x 3 = 12 and
  • 11.25g is somewhere in between 10 and 12.
the route of solufeed 2:1:4 for my next step into ferts, being an AIO and at a much better price point than TNC.
<"Solufeed 2 : 1 : 4"> <"details here">, and about <"£0.20 a week"> for your 750 litre tank.

If you want to know how that price point <"compares to Aquarium Fertiliser">, @Zeus. has just posted a <"very useful image">.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

Assuming I got the <"original calculation"> correct in @kellyboy47 's thread, that is right.

The real conversion factor is 4.17 (750 / 180), but a <"quick bit of guestimation">, says your tank is
  • Your tank is ~ 4x as big in volume,
  • 2.7 is inbetween 2.5 and 3 and
  • 4 x 2.5 =10 and 4 x 3 = 12 and
  • 11.25g is somewhere in between 10 and 12.

<"Solufeed 2 : 1 : 4"> <"details here">, and about <"£0.20 a week"> for your 750 litre tank.

If you want to know how that price point <"compares to Aquarium Fertiliser">, @Zeus. has just posted a <"very useful image">.

cheers Darrel
That’s great info thanks again Darrell. That works out around 1/6 the cost of TNC Complete. Sounds like a winner for the next year.
Cheers, Ryan

Back