• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

low tech 40x40x30 scape

Couple of I phone pics of this one, still going ok, still slack with maintenance so couple of algae issues :lol: ludwigia needs swapping out for something else not sure what yet
Couple of buces with flower spikes
eb684263db68d4b97f0eaafc2431992e.jpg

fadc1dc4473a553ed5d1c512016063cd.jpg

And full tank excuse the quality, tanks really difficult to photograph full on
77684b4ceffc7622b04f3f7d6dac7f5a.jpg

Cheers for looking :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning low tech Tim very well done and love the hard scape

Reactions: tim
Looking great Tim, revisiting this scape for some inspiration when re-scaping my 40cm cube. I too will be using dragon stone, just considering different layouts. Love what you've achieved here, that Aruguaia has definitely tickled my fancy too!

Any tips in this sort of layout? Flow issues etc? Would you do it the same or change something?

Cheer, Joe

Reactions: tim
Hi joe, thanks for the kind comments, unfortunately due to life getting in the way this scape has been very neglected, no ferts or waterchange for over a month, the lilaeopsis and araguaia has all but melted away, I really need to get it back on track, I've found flow to be spot on from the right corner back around the hardscape, on the whole I've found it a pleasure to run this tank and I think I could easily keep it going for another year or two with only a little more care and a few tweaks to the plant list.
Cheers, Tim.

Hi Tim,

This is awesome! What ferts are you using and what lighting period?

Thanks

Ross
Hi Ross, thanks for the kind words, lights are on for 9 hours a day, I started at 6 hours and extended by an hour each month after setup, for ferts I'm using the DIY tpn+ recipie from here http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm recipie number 3 without urea, dosed at 1 ml a day 7 days a week.

Back