Low tech 60p

buttons

This tank is amazing for a low tech looks so green and healthy well done .

What fish and livestock do you currently have i can see a blue fish in background and as for shrimp i want more in my setup.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Live stock is , 9 green neon tetras, 4 galaxy rasaboras and maybe 50+ shrimp. Hopefully the shrimp will start breeding again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano3

Thank you.

Live stock is , 9 green neon tetras, 4 galaxy rasaboras and maybe 50+ shrimp. Hopefully the shrimp will start breeding again soon.

I love green neon tetras thats what i used to have and also love rasboras are they good shouling fish? I have 11 neons but they dont shoul together often do your green tetras and rasboras seem to ?

And i need a lot more shrimp only have about 5 cheerys and some amano.

Thanks dean

dw1305

Expert
Hi all,
I have 11 neons but they dont shoul together often do your green tetras and rasboras seem to ?
A lot of it depends on overhead cover. Small fish are vulnerable when they are out in the open to predation by visual predators (like birds), so will shoal together if they are out in the open and there isn't any overhead cover.

@buttons lovely lush tank has plenty of cover for the fish at floor level, but if they are up in the water column, away from the central island planting, then they are likely to shoal together for safety.

If they are in a complex, weedy environment, where "line of sight" isn't an issue, then all Tetras will spread out and start hunting singly or in small groups. In evolutionary terms it makes sense.

Often <"slightly bigger fish"> will take their cue from the presence, or absence, of little fish in the water column above them. That is why you see Apistogramma etc out and about much more in tanks with <"dithers and floating plants">.

cheers Darrel

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's perfect. So far, as I'm observing various tanks, RO or low pH soft water is the way to success.
It's not exclusive for success, many stunning hard water tanks around but I fully believe it makes life a lot easier!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Richard40

This is the tank and light I’ve decided to go for and no CO2. Feels good before I start knowing it can be done.
When you first started the scape, were you doing daily water changes for the first week to prevent algae, then every other day?
How long was it till you put the fish in?
I’m doing mine so I can put a Betta fish in there with a few friends. Fingers crossed.

buttons

F98E5E8F-A9DE-4662-BD8A-9AA8C980F89C.jpeg
736A9A70-9EF5-40B4-8A4B-E838F104E1E2.jpeg

Considering closing down my low energy 60p this week, I love this tank but I just have too much going on and need space with 3 tanks on the go now. This tank has been running for nearly 2 years now, it will be a real shame.

Deano3

Be such a shame this has the be one of the best low tech scapes i have ever seen. Well done mate it had a good run.

Dean

buttons

Be such a shame this has the be one of the best low tech scapes i have ever seen. Well done mate it had a good run.

Dean

don’t say that lol, makes me what to keep it going. It is going to be a huge decision if I go ahead aand tear it down and sell everything off.
Loved looking in at this:)

Thank you, it has been a wonder tank too watch.

Fiske

Considering closing down my low energy 60p this week, I love this tank but I just have too much going on and need space with 3 tanks on the go now. This tank has been running for nearly 2 years now, it will be a real shame.

It would be a massive shame :oops: that tank is bootiful.

buttons

Great little tank and featured on the UKAPS FB page! But by no means "low tech" ;)

Thank you, well happy.

I use low energy more for the description now, the about of debates I’ve had on Facebook groups about this tank not being low tech/low energy is tiresome lol.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, well happy.

I use low energy more for the description now, the about of debates I’ve had on Facebook groups about this tank not being low tech/low energy is tiresome lol.

Haha that's because it isn't ;) no debate about it! :p:p

buttons

Haha that's because it isn't ;) no debate about it! :p:p

What would you class it as? It has low level lighting (photos I up the lights) little ferts & no co2, I alway thought that was low tech/energy? Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a cheap set up for sure.

The twinstar 600s has only been on it this week as I’m using 600e the has always been on there on my shallow tank now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk