• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech 60p

you are famous now! Congratulations, I love your tank. The design and the health of the plants are amazing.

That is amazing low tech growth and looks very healthy, credit where deserved looks great we all wosh could achive them results especially low tech.

Think i need more shrimp in my setup

Thanks for sharing dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

That is amazing low tech growth and looks very healthy, credit where deserved looks great we all wosh could achive them results especially low tech.

Think i need more shrimp in my setup

Thanks for sharing dean

Thanks for the kind words.

Can never have to many shrimps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying luck isn't said to devalue what you've done - you're right balance is key - but I still think a little luck goes a long way in this hobby

Saying luck isn't said to devalue what you've done - you're right balance is key - but I still think a little luck goes a long way in this hobby

Most definitely, I have been lucky too not have any algae in this scape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maintenance on the scape tonight, 20% water change and a tidy up on the mini pellia, carpet needs a trim which I will do weekend if I get spare time.
5f4069b23fa3232af9651b7f548b97f3.jpg

Looking great, I'm not one for water testing but I do find myself wondering what your water parameters are. And what % are you running your lights at now ?

Looking great, I'm not one for water testing but I do find myself wondering what your water parameters are. And what % are you running your lights at now ?

Thank you. I’ve been running the lights at 40% for awhile but have pushed them back up to 50% now.

Any reason for wondering what the water parameters are? I have end Taiwan bee shrimp breeding in this tank so that can’t be that bad lol.

No not thinking it's bad, quite the opposite...was especially wondering about your TDS. Is your tap water soft or hard - what's the water report like in your neck of the woods, do you use RO water, that sort of thing.

No not thinking it's bad, quite the opposite...was especially wondering about your TDS. Is your tap water soft or hard - what's the water report like in your neck of the woods, do you use RO water, that sort of thing.

Ah I always think the worse sorry lol.

I have always used ro water in this tank with salty shrimp added to the ro water and then top up using tap water, but for the last couple of water changes I’ve used tap. My tap water is soft in Pembrokeshire Wales, Tds of tap water is around 110-120, perfect for Taiwan bees and the Ph is 7 or just below. The actual tank TDS is around 150ish ( just went to test and TDS meter has ran out of battery) it’s definitely not high.

Here a water report lol
e4934ccbb683c8e6b36bd5c6a63e5dbf.jpg

03aa905718dc88c5cb40be3616f4048b.jpg

Trimmed the carpet the weekend, looks neater now. It will more then likely take a month to see any growth on it.

This tank is amazing for a low tech looks so green and healthy well done .

What fish and livestock do you currently have i can see a blue fish in background and as for shrimp i want more in my setup.

Thanks dean

Back