• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low Tech Plant Suggestions 10-15cm height

Nubias

Looking for plant suggestions to fill in behind the left hand driftwood for my low tech seen here
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what%E2%80%99s-the-next-move-low-tech.53907/

Thinking of giving some type of crypt a go, ideally around 15cm height as I want to eventually shape into a triangular shape once the plants to the right get a bit taller. Needs to be this height to be visible behind that driftwood piece. Open to any other plant suggestions, there is a good amount of aqua soil behind. Maybe some Hygrophila pinnatifida?

To the left there will be some re-positioned Blyxa Japonica and going to try some Helanthium tenellum to replace the Monte Carlo that's not doing so well. So the thought process would be these smaller plants transitioning to the taller stems on the right.

Crypts are a good idea my set up is low tech I have a few different types of crypts if you go on aquarium gardens web site it will tell you what type of crypt grows that size you want. Also amazon swords aswel grow tall aswel. Cheers lee

In regard to the topic contents you link to.. I would say a fast grwower?? A Vallisneria might be a good choice.. :)

Look like you need something a bit smaller? How about dwarf sag? Lilaeopsis? Bolbitis? Java fern?

I'd go with crypts too. There are more than a few that will grow to around that height, C. beckettii Petchii, C. wendtii to name but two of my favourites.

You could go for C. wendtii brown if you wanted a bit of colour contrast too.

Back