• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech tank pictures

leemonk

Hey,

I'm looking for some inspiration and wanted to see tons and tons of low tech (no Co2, no ferts etc) pictures.

I thought perhaps one location for these lowtechs might be good!

Lets see what you got :D

Regards

Lee

That's my biorb:

100_2181.jpg

Super proud of it :D No co2, ferts or filter. Just soil, sand, plants and light :thumbup:

That looks lovely!

Do you have any fish/shrimp in there or is it your outside inside garden :D

Regards

Lee

This is my low tech 450l Vision. No CO2, sand substrate with root tabs and the occasional dose of liquid ferts. I have only dosed ferts once a week for a few weeks as the plant mass has gone up.

100_0885.jpg

Andy

I wish I'd taken a camera to school yesterday when I did my half-termly maintenance on a tank I installed for them a couple of years ago. It's looking pretty good - mainly Crypts, but with some Swords at the back. I've recently thinned it out and added different grades of pebbles to create some open space as it was a real jungle!! Growth is the best I've seen.

Sorry about the horrendous pic though, it's off my phone and there's a window behind the tank giving loads of glare.

IMAG0364-1.jpg

I've usually got cherry shrimp and a few celetsial pearl danios in there. But there's also a couple of ottos being babysat at the moment! Going to have great fun catching them when their other tank is ready and I've got to get them out, not looking forward to that...lol

Christie_ZXR said:
I've usually got cherry shrimp and a few celetsial pearl danios in there. But there's also a couple of ottos being babysat at the moment! Going to have great fun catching them when their other tank is ready and I've got to get them out, not looking forward to that...lol

Bottle traps set for shrimp seem to be effective in catching Otto's from what i have read. Some veg or Algae waffer in the bottom, lights out and fingers crossed you may catch an otto if not all in the morning?

All looking good.

I was reluctant to consider low tech tanks, even though that was all i was able to do, simply because I thought they wouldn't look good!!!

How wrong was I?

Lee

I also forgot to add, that my
Lighting would probably be considered as high and along as you supplement with easycarbo as per bottle, and with an all in one fert ( or EI ;) ) then you should be okay.

Wouldnt reccomend high lighting without a carbon or fert source though.

It will be like an algae party in your tank.

leemonk said:
Hey,

I'm looking for some inspiration and wanted to see tons and tons of low tech (no Co2, no ferts etc) pictures.

Regards

Lee

Whitey89 said:
Mines a fairly low tech setup (easycarbo & TPN+)

Not exactly sticking the the OP's thread. :oops:

Christie_ZXR That orb looks fantastic. Are you by any chance running the LED light? We have one we want to break down soon so may try unheated, unfiltered to save on energy costs.

spyder said:
leemonk said:
Hey,

Regards

Lee

Whitey89 said:

No Co2 used, but yes I agree about the ferts. What would you class this as then?

As I havent had to trim anything yet really, and its been 5 weeks ;)

Just showing a lowish maintenance tank. Hope thats alright :D

Regards,

Whitey89 said:
spyder said:
leemonk said:
Hey,

Regards

Lee

Whitey89 said:

No Co2 used, but yes I agree about the ferts. What would you class this as then?

As I havent had to trim anything yet really, and its been 5 weeks ;)

Just showing a lowish maintenance tank. Hope thats alright :D

Regards,

The addition of easy carbo makes it hightech mate.... it is also considered to be adding co2, just liquid form.

but..... i have to admit the tank is looking very nice for such a simply layout :thumbup: ... as do all the others people have posted :)

MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS

0313.jpg

Mine post trim. It has really grown in since this pic I'll add a new pic here in the next 48hs or so

Back