• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech tank pictures

BigTom said:
Troi said:
Amazing...Your nanos - exactly what lighting are you using, what substrate and are they filtered and how?

Sorry for the slow reply, satellite internet connection was down for a bit...

The nanos are using ADA Amazonia II, each filtered with a Dennerl Corner 'Eckfilter' and all three are lit by a single 39W T5 light -

triplet.jpg

Are they stocked with any fish, seen these before, envious :thumbup:

I've just put this pic on my journal but I thought I'd put it here as well as it's certainly low tech - low light, inert substrate, excel and micronutrients...

p6190067.jpg

Tom, your tanks are amazing - I love the 'out-of-tank' plants and the dead leaves, good look :thumbup:

Tresbling said:
it's certainly low tech - low light, inert substrate, excel and micronutrients.

tank is high tech with excel dosing but im sure we'll let you off as it looks awesome!! such an unusual shape tank, looks like its glass???

:thumbup:

sr20det said:
Are they stocked with any fish, seen these before, envious :thumbup:

Following a bit of a stock shuffle last month, tanks now have the following occupants...

Left - 3 Parosphromenus sp 'sentang', 5 Indostomus paradoxus
Mid - 6 Boraras uropthalmoides, 6 Brachygobious aggregatus
Right - 2 Trichopsis pumila, 7 Boraras maculatus

tank is high tech with excel dosing but im sure we'll let you off as it looks awesome!! such an unusual shape tank, looks like its glass???

Yes it is glass, just a big goldfish bowl essentially :D OK, so maybe it's lower tech - still no pressurised CO2, very low light and no NPK dosing - definitely not high! Perhaps we should introduce medium tech???

Guys...

So glad I started this thread.....all incredibly inspiring.

I was away and forgot to check in and i did today and wow.... just brilliant guys....

I've cleaned out my old tank and have order new bits and bobs (mostly hardware) that is going to arrive over the next few days, so I hope to be starting soon.

Keep the pictures coming so I can get some more ideas.

Thanks

Lee

Troi said:
What about this one?

fts-1.jpg

verticalphoto.jpg

sideon.jpg

Hi troi, any links to that tank please as i would like to read more about it again. I remember seeing it before but cant remember what it was called or if it was a journal. Its a beaut.
Thanks,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Troi said:
What about this one?

fts-1.jpg

verticalphoto.jpg

sideon.jpg

Hi troi, any links to that tank please as i would like to read more about it again. I remember seeing it before but cant remember what it was called or if it was a journal. Its a beaut.
Thanks,
Ady.

Thanks, the link is viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19761 but unfortunately I moved the photos.

Oh yep, it's for real...but I must confess to adding 1/5 recommended TNC Lite dose per week & TNC Complete once a month. I think that the key is lighting especially in the absence of CO2 injection. However, I have found that vallis hates additional ferts dosing and melts completely in a couple of days if it is subjected to organic carbon. Go figure?

That's looking nice & clean Troi. :) Congratulations.

What kind of organic carbon Troi? If I remember it correctly,...I think I read it at barrreport.com that vallis don't do well with liquid carbon addition.

There is one more. Some will say it''s not low tech, because i used some Easy carbo for algae prevention, but I think that's all semantics.
The tank is with used Amazonia capped with Aquatic nature shrimp soil. It is what I had at the time I made this nano.
Ferts are Easy Life Profito and Potassium. Easy carbo in tiny amounts as algae prevention.
Hang on external filter from price range around 15£.
Light PL 11W and LED 10W, because it was also what I had in handy. I didn't want to spend for proper light on that one.
No CO2, no CO2 checker, no tests of any kind.
Picnicspot.jpg

Back